Learn how we can help you through your personal injury, car accident, or workers’ compensation case.
Ready to take action? Learn how we can help you through your injury, SSD, or workers’ compensation case.
Our team is made of skilled legal professionals who have recovered millions of dollars for clients.
Reputable & Reliable
Their dedication, knowledge, and professionalism have brought my claims to a successful resolution.”
Collecting SSD Benefits in Georgia
Knowledgeable Dalton SSD Lawyers
With more than two decades of experience, you can trust the Dalton SSD attorneys at McMahan Law Firm, LLC, to provide you with the tools you need to successfully navigate the application and collection of disability benefits. Our legal team understands the confusing laws and complex procedures that must be followed to obtain Social Security Disability benefits. With our legal team by your side, you can be confident that your rights and best interests can be diligently protected and pursued.
Types of Disability Benefit Claims
Most people do not realize there are several different types of disability benefits, including:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)—For individuals under 65 who become disabled, this claim can provide substantial benefits.
- Children’s SSI—Families with disabled children that meet poverty requirements may receive SSI through this type of claim.
- Disabled Insured Worker’s Claim (DIWC)—This is a disability program for adults who have worked enough to have “insured status” under the Social Security system
- Disabled Insured Widow’s/Widower’s Claim (DIWW) —To qualify, you must be 50 years old, disabled, and have been married to a person who was insured when he or she died. You must also become disabled within seven years of your spouse’s death.
- Disabled Adult Child Claim (DAC)—A child of an insured worker can draw benefits if he or she is found to have become disabled before 22. The child’s parent must have died while insured.
- Supplemental Security Disability Claim (SSDC)—This type of claim is available for an individual worker who is both insured and meets the poverty requirements for SSI.
Need Help? Call (706) 277-4686.
You can count on our firm’s reputation for excellence when pursuing disability benefits. Our SSD lawyers in Dalton prioritize the pursuit of the best possible results for every case. We offer convenient appointment times and accessible legal representatives to assist you from our office.
Contact us today to schedule your case evaluation