Has your disability claim been wrongfully denied? Let us bring our experience to your defense. Our firm has successfully taken on some the of the nation’s largest insurance companies. Whether your case is governed by the Employment Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) or isn’t, we have a proven track record fighting for your rights.
STEPS TO TAKE FOLLOWING YOUR DENIAL
If your disability claim has been denied, you are able to appeal the decision. The appeals process can be quick or belabored, depending on what level to which you advance. In the most extreme cases, you should expect to do the following:
- Submit an application to the Disability Determination Service within 60 days.
- Wait for the Disability Determination Service’s judgment. If your claim is still denied, you may appeal it to the next level.
- Have your case reevaluated by an administrative law judge. If your claim is still denied, you have 60 days to file a request for review.
- Have the Appeals Counsel (AC) review your case. If your claim is still denied, it is sent to the commissioner of Social Security.
- Await the decision of the commissioner. If he denies your claim, you may request a federal court review.
- See if the federal court review overturns the commissioner’s decision. If it is not overturned, your final course of action is to take your case to the Court of Appeals.
While it is rare for an appeal to go as far as the final stage listed above, the appeals process is still extremely complex and involves tight deadlines. To navigate the appeals process successfully, you will need the guidance of aDalton disability lawyer.
OUR ATTORNEYS WILL FIGHT FOR YOU
At McMahan Law Firm, LLC, we understand just how devastating it can be to have your disability claim denied. Insurance companies do not have your best interests in mind. They will do everything they can to save money by denying your benefits. When you let us handle your case, you can rest knowing that we are dedicated to fighting for the injured and disabled. We represent people, not case numbers. Call us today!